1) Tell us about your entrepreneurial venture: How did you come up with the idea and how did you start your business?
I've been styling my sisters, family and friends since I was a little girl! I used to orchestrate photoshoots and fashion shows with them at my parents house. I always knew this was my passion. I told my best friend about my dream to be a fashion stylist and he encouraged and inspired me to turn the dream into reality and start my own business!
2) What is your background in fashion, and when did you first realize this is what you were meant to do?
I received a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Business from Texas State University and after graduating, began a career at the David Yurman corporate office in NYC. I realized this is what I was meant to do when I started receiving great positive feedback, questions and compliments on my outfits when I was out in public.
3) What advice or message would you have for those who have never worked with a fashion stylist before?
To have fun with the styling process and trust your stylist!
4) What sets your approach apart from other fashion stylists?
Instead of following trends, I put my clients in classic pieces that they can wear forever. I believe in being unique and yourself and not trying to look like everyone else. I match clothing to my clients personality and what their style goals are. I love to incorporate color and vintage inspired pieces if they are willing!
5) Do you follow a certain morning routine or daily schedule to maximize productivity and well-being?
I always have a cup of coffee first! Then I go about my day completing the most urgent tasks first. Every day is different depending on the client I'm working with and their needs.
6) Are there any brands or designers that are personal favorites of yours?
I adore Brandon Maxwell for women's clothing. Everything he creates is beautiful and fun. Sara Battaglia is amazing as well. I love BaubleBar for jewelry, Sophia Webster for shoes and Dior for handbags.
7) What is the biggest challenge for you as a fashion stylist?
Finding the exact item I want / need in an actual storefront.
8) How are you able to stay on the pulse of fashion, and stay current in every season?
For me to know what I'd love to style my clients in and what is out there to purchase – I'm constantly checking online retailers, storefronts, social media, magazines and reading or watching anything and everything about fashion and style.
9) If you could travel anywhere, where would it be, and what three essential wardrobe items would you bring?
Capri, Italy. I have been and am dying to go back. I'd bring a sunhat, sunglasses, and a bright and fun dress!
10) Why is fashion important for the individual, and what benefits does it provide?
It says who you are as a person. It is a way to express yourself, show your creativity and personality. It is also vital for confidence and comfort.